What is more romantic than getting married on a magnificent ocean liner like Queen Mary 2 or one her sisters, the elegant Queen Victoria or the newest addition to Cunard Line's fleet, Queen Elizabeth? Just imagine you and your spouse-to-be saying your vows in a romantic ceremony conducted by the Ship's Captain.
Choose from a myriad of options to create a wedding day that is all about you: start off with a Champagne and Caviar breakfast served in the comfort of your stateroom or suite. Relax and prepare yourself for your ceremony in the Canyon Ranch SpaClub onboard Queen Mary 2 or in the Royal Spa on Queen Victoria or Queen Elizabeth.
Picture the bride, escorted by White Star bellmen to a beautifully appointed venue. Here, while at sea, the Ship's Captain will conduct your ceremony. And whether it is just the two of you or a small group of family and friends or a larger group, Cunard will ensure that your wedding day is exactly what you wish for: choose from a superb variety of wedding menus, extensive wine lists and a host of finishing touches.
Your dedicated onboard Wedding Coordinator will help ensure impeccable service.
A few details about weddings onboard Cunard Line
To help you decide whether getting married on a Cunard ocean liner is right for you, let us provide you with some details:
- Weddings are available on all three Cunard ships on voyages of 7 nights or longer.
- For legal reasons, weddings can only take place on sea days, which makes the Queen Mary 2 Transatlantic Crossing an ideal and romantic option, although other destinations are wonderful too.
- Ceremonies are available at either 11:00am or 3:30pm on selected days.
- Only one wedding will be conducted per ship per day.
- Wedding reservations must be made at least three months before departure to ensure sufficient time to arrange legalities - and to avoid disappointment as so few wedding slots are available on Cunard.
- As Cunard's ships are registered in Bermuda, you will be married under Bermudan law.
- Wedding packages start at $2,500 and license fees at $575.00.
- Many wedding options are available, including photography and videography services, spa services, gifts, wedding music, flowers and cakes, wedding lunches or dinners.
- Cruise Holidays will help you book your cruise fare, airline tickets and other travel-related arrangements.
- Please review the details and terms and conditions in the Cunard wedding brochure.
Why book your wedding cruise with Cruise Holidays Chicago?
Cruise Holidays Chicago is not only a Cunard certified expert travel agency, but our friendly, professional cruise experts often assist brides and grooms-to-be in planning cruise or destination weddings - whether at sea or in exotic destinations.
As one of Cunard's largest travel agency partners in North America (and part of Cunard's Inner Circle), you will find that our Cunard cruise fares are never higher - and often lower - than those available when you book directly with Cunard. In addition, we offer shipboard credits (money that you can spend onboard) and other benefits on most Cunard sailings.
But most importantly during an important life event like your wedding is our expertise. We will take care of the travel logistics for you and your wedding party and guests, so you can concentrate on one thing: enjoying the perfect wedding! We work with a variety of cruise lines and our experience will help steer you away from costly mistakes or awkward mishaps:
- As we arrange travel details for you, we will ensure that you and your guests get the best value available in terms of cruise fares, onboard amenities and other extras.
- We are available to answer travel and destination related questions posed by you and your guests.
- We will manage the financial aspects of your cruise so you don't have to worry about collecting deposit and cruise payments from your guests, unless you prefer to do so.
- You will also have access to hotels, airfare, insurance and other options that are not bookable directly through Cunard.
- We have personally sailed on all Cunard ships and will be able to explain what you can expect during your voyage.
How do I plan a wedding on a Cunard ship?
- Call Cruise Holidays, your Cunard Commodore experts, at (888) 744 7397 or (312) 266 7447 to discuss sailing dates and destinations that match your preferred wedding date(s).
- Cruise Holidays will check availability and pricing for your preferred Cunard sailing(s) and check on availability for your wedding.
- Once you have booked your cruise reservation, you can confirm your wedding ceremony. The details of your wedding ceremony are arranged by your Cunard wedding planner, so you can customize your special day exactly as you like.
- We will walk you through the entire process, from your very first call until you return home, so you can concentrate on enjoying your wedding, rather than having to worry about the logistics.
For more information about Cunard Line's wedding packages and to discuss the options, please call Cruise Holidays, your Cunard Commodore experts, at (888) 744 7397 or (312) 266 7447.